What a “Real-Life Entrepreneur Champion does
As a Real-Life Entrepreneur Champion Clare Rayner agrees to:
- Listen to the concerns of Real-Life Entrepreneurs and champion their cause
- Represent the interests of Real-Life Entrepreneurs on a national and local level
- Recognise the many thousands of hard-working entrepreneurs that support the UK economy
- Support the FSB in its endeavours to get the best deal for Real-Life Entrepreneurs
About Clare Rayner and working in partnership with FSB
Clare is one of the most well-known and respected retail experts in the UK, championing for the success and sustainability of smaller, independent retailers and suppliers to retail. A child born into a family of retailers and entrepreneurs, she is passionate about retail and business: it is in her blood.
Clare is engaged by clients as a retail consultant, retail speaker and retail mentor. In 2011 she launched Independent Retailer Month in the UK, a global ‘Shop Local’ campaign which runs throughout July, which the FSB is supporting.
By giving its support to Independent Retailer Month, the FSB intends to encourage and engage retail communities in small and market towns in efforts to rejuvenate these struggling economies. With 200,000 members, many of which are based on local high streets, the FSB has run its Keep Trade Local campaign to highlight the importance of the high street to local communities.
John Walker, National Chairman, Federation of Small Businesses, said:
“Small businesses are vital to our economy and it is imperative we recognise their importance so I am pleased that Clare Rayner has committed to helping us in our cause by becoming an Entrepreneur Champion for the FSB. With the Government wanting the private sector to lead the recovery, we need to see policies put in place at a local and national level that can help businesses to grow and for more people to have the confidence to become a Real-Life Entrepreneur.”
Notes to Editors
- The FSB is the UK’s leading business organisation with more than 210,000 members. It exists to protect and promote the interests of the self-employed, and all those who run their own business. More information is available at www.fsb.org.uk
- Find out more about the FSB’s Real-Life Entrepreneurs campaign at www.fsb.org.uk/real-life-entrepreneurs
- Clare Rayner, The Retail Champion, started out as a fast-track graduate store management trainee for McDonalds and went on to work with leading retailers such as M&S, Dixons and Argos. She moved swiftly into management roles before being headhunted into senior consulting roles with global software giant SAP, and international management consulting brand, Accenture. In 2006 she stepped off the corporate treadmill to establish her own business with husband Andrew Rayner. Together they now operate a number of brands that provide services and support to other SME businesses. A frequent media contributor, her retail business book, entitled ‘The Retail Champion: 10-steps to Retail Success’, published by Kogan Page, is available via www.retailchampion.co.uk/retail-success.
To contact Clare Rayner call 01727 238890 or email firstname.lastname@example.org