Tomorrow marks the 3rd week of Independent Retailer Month (July 2011). We’ve already published 14 great articles from a wide range of experts for our “blog-a-day for #IndieRetail” event. There are still 15 to come. All our guest bloggers are sharing opinions, advice, ideas, hints and tips relevant for smaller / independent retailers. The blogs are set to release daily at 10am… you may have just seen today’s introducing Retail Trust, the charity for ALL people in retail… Below is a preview of what is scheduled for the next 7 days, days 15 – 21!
Blogs scheduled from 15th – 21st July…
Below is a summary of the next 7 days worth of blogs for the “a blog-a-day for #IndieRetail” event! Subscribers to this blog will get an auto-notification and those following @retailchampion on twitter, watching #indieretail on twitter, or who have “liked” Independent Retailer Month UK on facebook will also see the blogs appearing!
- 15th July 2011 – Blog by Sue Blake: Sue helps business owners and experts raise their profile with the media and with their customer base. In this blog Sue talks about reputation marketing and how important that is for both the visibility of your business AND how this instils confidence in your customer when they buy from you.
- 16th July 2011 – Blog by Stuart Sproule: Stuart is a solicitor in the Corporate Department at SA Law and deals with all aspects of Corporate and Commercial law. In this blog he explains everything retailers need to know about “distance selling regulations” and what this means in practice to smaller retail businesses.
- 17th July 2011 – Blog by Karen Young: In this 2nd blog by our HR expert, Karen gives advice on how to manage the holiday season to avoid the typical issues that independent retailers face. Karen gives some practical tips to help alleviate the risk of staff holidays and reduce the impact on you, the business owner.
- 18th July 2011 – Blog by Paul Wright: Paul is creative director and co-founder (alongside Kelly Molson who blogged on 11th July) at Rubber Cheese, a retail design agency. Paul’s area of expertise is design for ecommerce. In this blog he explores how advancements in technology have changed the way consumers shop and what possibilities could be deployed even by the smallest of retailers to add a bit of a wow-factor into the shopping experience.
- 19th July 2011 – Blog by Andrew Rayner: Andrew is founder and managing director of internet marketing agency e-mphasis. In this blog he shares 7 top tips to enable Independent Retailers to compete in a mobile commerce market, from point of search to point of sale and beyond.
- 20th July 2011 – Blog by David Linklater: David is a property litigator at SA Law LLP in Hertfordshire who specialises in the retail sector. In this blog he shares some advice to assist any independent retailer considering signing a lease for premises. His advice may save you a fortune in the long run!
- 21st July 2011 – Blog by Jasmine Birtles: Jasmine is the founder of money-making and money-saving website www.moneymagpie.com, and is a professional speaker and TV presenter specialising in business and personal finance. In this blog she shares her thoughts on the future for retail in this, the “digital decade”.
Hope you enjoy the next 7 blogs!