Tomorrow marks the 2nd week of Independent Retailer Month (July 2011). As you will have spotted I’ve organised a wide range of experts to provide me with a blog-a-day. That’s 31 guest blogs sharing opinions, advice, ideas, hints and tips relevant for smaller / independent retailers. The blogs are set to release daily at 10am… you may have just seen today’s about passion for business… Below is a preview of what is scheduled for the next 7 days, days 8 – 14!
Blogs scheduled from 8th – 14th July…
Below is a summary of the next 7 days worth of blogs for the “a blog-a-day for #IndieRetail” event! Subscribers to this blog will get an auto-notification and those following @retailchampion on twitter, watching #indieretail on twitter, or who have “liked” Independent Retailer Month UK on facebook will also see the blogs appearing!
- 8th July 2011 – Blog by Dinah Liversidge: Dinah is a business coach and consultant who talks about no-box thinking! She has a refreshing perspective and in this blog talks about her personal experience of the changes to the high street and the impact this has on our lives and our communities.
- 9th July 2011 – Blog by Penny Power: Penny founded the business-social network, Ecademy, in 1998 and that makes her one of the World’s longest-serving social media evangelists. Penny’s determination to create an online, social environment for smaller businesses was visionary, and Ecademy came into existence years ahead of Facebook, Linkedin or Twitter! In this blog Penny shares her thoughs on this new, digital economy and explains what that means for Independent Retail businesses…
- 10th July 2011 – Blog by Karen Young: Karen is a straight-talking experienced HR consultant who gained her knowledge and skills working in big corporate organisations, including Dixons Stores Group, before she decided to go it alone and created her business, HR Innovate, to specifically support smaller businesses who didn’t have need / budget for a permanent HR resource. In this blog Karen touches on some key elements of managing your staff.
- 11th July 2011 – Blog by Kelly Molson: Kelly is managing director of specialist retail brand and design agency, Rubber Cheese. Her team deliver retail brand impact – from ecommerce to shop window, visual merchandising to packaging – literally everything online, in store, on shelf. In this blog she reflects on the importance of visual merchandising and uses examples from some of the Independent Retailers in her town, Sawbridgeworth, to illustrate her points.
- 12th July 2011 – Blog by Sarah Decent: Sarah is owner of Modish Shoes, a small, growing Independent Retailer. Recently Sarah decided to expand her business and opened a new store in Cambridge to add to her existing outlet in Saffron Walden. In this blog Sarah shares her lessons learned from the store opening, and, some top tips for anyone looking to expand, relocate or start up!
- 13th July 2011 – Blog by Colin Farmer: Colin is a partner at Alliotts, a London based Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors. Colin additionally heads up their retail sector. In this blog he talks about the impact of the austerity measures on Independent retailers and suggests some mitigating actions. A VERY useful article!
- 14th July 2011 – Blog by Nigel J L Rothband: Nigel is Chief Executive of Retail Trust, the charity dedicated to ALL people in retail. In this blog Nigel explains the history of Retail Trust – it was created by and for Independent Retailers. He talks a little about what the charity offers. This is an insightful blog to draw attention to Retail Trust expressly for any Independent Retailers who may benefit from what they can offer.
Hope you enjoy the next 7 blogs!