As you know, to celebrate Independent Retailer Month (July 2011), I’ve organised a wide range of experts to provide me with a blog-a-day. These blogs share advice, ideas, hints, tips and stories from retailers who have specific experiences (e.g. starting up, opening new stores, trading in a Mall etc. The blogs are set to release daily at 10am… starting today… but just ahead of that here is a preview of what is scheduled for the next 7 days!
Blogs scheduled from 1st – 7th July…
Ok – in under an hour our first blog for a blog-a-day for #IndieRetail will publish, then daily at 10am a new feature will be released. Subscribers to this blog will get an auto-notification and those following @retailchampion on twitter, watching #indieretail on twitter, or who have “liked” Independent Retailer Month UK on facebook will also see the blogs appearing!
- 1st July 2011 – Blog by Tom Shay: Tom is one of the co-founders of Independent Retailer Month globally. He and Kerry Bannigan (who will blog later in the month) pooled resources and created a campaign to encompass all retailers across the USA. This year they decided to go global, I am supporting them to bring the campaign to the UK and hopefully in 2012 it will reach many more countries! Tom’s blog is a fitting start to the blog-a-day event. He will explain his view of why Independent Retailers are of such importance and why we, as consumers, need to ensure we don’t overlook them…
- 2nd July 2011 – Blog by Emma Wimhusrt: Emma is one of James Caan’s “Millionaire Mentors” for his Entrepreneurs Business Academy. A successful entrepreneur who developed a range of own brand cosmetics and sold to major retail chains such as New Look, River Island and Claire’s Accessories. Emma is passionate about putting the customer at the heart of any retail or consumer products business and she shares her advice on this topic in her blog.
- 3rd July 2011 – Blog by Susan Heaton Wright: Susan used to travel the world as a professional operatic soprano, delighting audiences with her vocal performances! Now she helps executives command and engage their audiences by showing them how to use their voice and their body language to get attention! Her blog will talk a little about the importance of customer service from the point of view of how your staff interact and engage with your potential customers
- 4th July 2011 – Blog by David Mackley from Intelligent Retail: David runs Intelligent retail who offer small retailers the kind of quality, fully integrated EPOS and ecommerce multi-channel solutions that typically have only been available to major players in the past. He will be sharing his thoughts on the importance of technology to your retail business.
- 5th July 2011 – Blog by Better Retailing: Better Retailing are an organisation who support independent retailers and provide an online resource full of advice, hints and tips. This particular feature is all about the importance of cash flow, written by Steve Denham who has been a retailer himself for almost 40 years!
- 6th July 2011 – Blog by Warren Knight: Warren is a pioneer in social commerce and has nearly 20 years retail experience. In his blog he explains the value of social media in the new retail model and how smaller retailers can take advantage of tools such as twitter to leap-frog the bigger players.
- 7th July 2011 – Blog by Angels Den: Angels Den is the largest network of independent business angel investors on the planet. They have shared their advice on not only how to win over an investor but have drawn comparisons to how the same approach can also win over your customers too – and it’s all about PASSION!
In a few days I’ll give you a preview of the next 7 blogs to look forward to. In the meantime please do leave your comments on the blogs and if you have enjoyed them please let others know. I really hope these 31 blogs engage, inspire, educate and motivate those who read them!
Enjoy – Happy 1st of Independent Retailer Month 🙂